A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Angie Brewer - It's Just a Phase!

Angie Brewer - It's Just a Phase!

Full title: "It's Just a Phase!" by Angie Brewer.

"This is a true story. How do I know? Because it is my life and it is my story. My name is Angela Brewer and I was born in 2010. That does not make me ten years old but it is the time when I started being myself. I was born in 1967 in a boy's body. I struggled with my identity for many years, as my previous self Andy changed into Angie before my eyes. Now I am fifty-three years old and officially a woman."

I talked to Angie Brewer in 2021, and this is how she recalls the moments when she decided to write the book: "The book came about after talking with my friend Andy. We have known each other most of our lives and told him that I was going to transition and he suggested writing a diary of my transition and writing blogs detailing how my transition was going and how family friends people I met through work, and how they had taken to the real me, and then finally how my life had been leading to this point."

I asked her also about the price that all transgender women pay to become their real selves: "I have paid a high price just the same as many others have. I argued with a cousin, and my biological mother will never accept me as a daughter. It was her words, pointing out that she gave birth to a boy. The hardest thing for me personally was being singled out at work and being dismissed from a job I loved. The depot manager wanted me out and that was all down to coming out. It did go to a tribunal and was settled out of court and dismissed due to discrimination. It was very hard to take."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book