A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Delphine Philbert - Devenir celle que je suis

Delphine Philbert - Devenir celle que je suis

Original title: "Devenir celle que je suis" (Become Who I Am).

'At the age of 50, Didier, married and father of two children, became aware of who he was: a woman, Delphine. This evidence, repressed during thirty years of malaise and wanderings, carries everything in her path: her wife who claims a divorce, her children who reject her, and her parents who do not accept her trans-identity.

Delphine navigates between the hope of finally living fully and the despair which sometimes returns, like a painful leitmotif: "Dead rather than trans". It is the story of her transition that she tells us, between her first outings dressed as a woman and medical tourism, but also a fight: that for the recognition of transgender people by society. It is neither a choice, a mental pathology, nor a question of sex.

For this very reason, she refutes the term 'transsexuality'. But, in the twenty-first century, the state is still reluctant to grant trans people their rights: why is it so complicated to change their marital status? Why are they forced to undergo surgery and sterilization? How to find an employer and travel without unpacking your private life when your identity card does not match your physique?'


Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book