A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Helen Boyd - My Husband Betty: Love, Sex, and Life...

Helen Boyd - My Husband Betty: Love, Sex, and Life...

Full title: "My Husband Betty: Love, Sex, and Life with a Crossdresser" by Helen Boyd.

"Author Helen Boyd is a happily married woman whose husband enjoys sharing her wardrobe - and she has written the first book on transgendered men to focus on their relationships. Traditionally known as cross-dressers, transvestites, or drag queens, men like Helen's husband are a diverse lot who don't always conform to stereotype.

Helen addresses every imaginable question concerning the probable and improbable reasons for behavior that still baffle not only "mental health professionals" but the practitioners themselves; the taxonomy of the transgendered and the distinct but overlapping societies of each group; coming out; bisexuality, and homophobia."

"The book features interviews with some very interesting people: a dominatrix and her crossdressing husband; a crossdressing Reiki master and his son; a woman who after dating one crossdresser wanted to date others and fell in love with a transsexual instead; and a woman whose husband promised her he was only a crossdresser who later realized that he was transsexual.

The stories and opinions chosen to represent the spectrum will surely titillate, shock, and disgust some readers; alternatively, Helen's narrative is a powerful lens with which to examine our own notions of gender and equality."

Helen Boyd is the pen name of Gail Kramer, an American author, academic, and activist. She is a prominent activist for spouses of transgender people. Boyd is the author of two books about her relationship with her trans partner, referred to in both books as "Betty Crow". Her first book, "My Husband Betty" (2003), is a non-fiction book about crossdressers and their partners. It was nominated for a Lambda Literary Award. Her second book, "She's Not the Man I Married: My Life with a Transgender Husband" (2007), has been called "a postmodern reflection on transness". Boyd has been a guest speaker at trans conferences, including the IFGE, First Event, Fantasia Fair, Southern Comfort, and the Chicago Be-All. She has also spoken about LGBT marriage on PBS's In The Life. As of 2011, she is a Lecturer of Gender and Freshman Studies at Lawrence University.

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book