A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Jerry/Jerri McClain - To be a Woman

Jerry/Jerri McClain - To be a Woman

"Jerry Jennings is not my real name. Neither is Jerri McClain. But in the last few years, I've lived with both names. I've lived as two separate people. I've lived as a man and as a woman. Let me explain. You, or someone in your family, have probably read one of my books. Or perhaps you've seen me interviewed in the magazine sections of such newspapers as the Chicago Tribune, the San Francisco Examiner, the Honolulu Advertiser, and, yes even the New York Times.

You would probably know my novels - you would if you enjoy a combination of love stories and thrillers. But when you read this book you'll understand why I couldn't use my real name here, or, indeed, use my real name in the two lives that I led. If my real name were known, a number of people would be embarrassed, as you'll soon see. I might lose some credibility as an author - and perhaps a great deal of money in royalties for future book sand columns. (On the other hand, maybe I would become more popular - but who can take the chance?)"

"Living in his adopted gender Jerri's adventures bring him face to face with his own psychic vulnerability. Jerry's understanding publisher gives Jerry a chance to live out his fantasy, encouraging the writer to live as a woman for an entire year. Accepting the challenge, Jerry moves to New York City, changes his name to Jerri, and begins a new life as a woman."

Available via ifge.org

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book