A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Lynne Janine Braithwaite - Diaries of a Transfemale: Book 1

Lynne Janine Braithwaite - Diaries of a Transfemale: Book 1

Full title: "Diaries of a Transfemale: Book 1"

"This is a follow on from "From Brigands to "V" Bombers and tells the story in diary format of the transition to "Lynne" (12th May 1989-31st December 2001). I have, like my father, always kept diaries. It has allowed me to, over the years, take a rational look backward and see where my life has taken me. 

The reader can take a look into the first 60 years of my life as told in "From Brigands to V Bombers" in which I told of my youth in the Lake District (N W England) followed by the best part of 40 years in the Royal Air Force. With the momentous change in my lifestyle (that in my inner self I knew to be inevitable), the writing of my diaries became essential to enable me to try and make some sense of what, at this time in my life was happening to me.

For anyone of a doubting nature who would despise or sneer at Transsexual people. Please be aware that this route through life is not taken lightly. It is not to "Cock a snoot" at society, or to challenge authority, or any other misguided or misinformed reason. It is a route that is chosen for you at conception and as my father said when I told him at 82yrs of age, about my situation "If that is what nature intends then best you learn to live with it". Can I say here and now. It was a better answer than I ever got when asking all the so-called experts the question: "Why me at the age of 59.5yrs"?

Transsexuals have been around for hundreds, possibly thousands of years. Mother Nature is not an exact science, and science is revealing more and more as time goes by what a lottery life is. Not just human, but all life. Trans People are not seeking to change his or her gender identity. What trans people are trying to do is find a way of presenting their gender identity in such a way that the rest of the world will understand. So my diaries have played a crucial role in my development. They have allowed me to try and make some sense of what has and is happening to me. I wasn't intending to go public but so many people have asked the same questions over and over again that I decided to go public with them. The diaries are real, the situations are real and are about my life."

Available via authorsden.com

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book