A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Marissa Alexa McCool - Shiny New Science Vagina

Marissa Alexa McCool - Shiny New Science Vagina

Full title: "Shiny New Science Vagina: How I Got My Vagina 33 Years Late" by Marissa Alexa McCool.

"In a tell-all, assertive, and at times hilarious story, Marissa Alexa McCool answers all the questions you've ever had about what it's like when a trans woman gets "the surgery." Having gone through gender confirmation surgery recently, she takes you through getting approved, going under, and everything that transpires during her recovery."

In 2017, I interviewed Marissa for my blog and this is what she told me about herself: "I don’t know if I can rank my interests by importance, but perhaps I can by longevity. I graduated cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania with degrees in English, Cinema and Media Arts, and Anthropology. I live in Saint Paul, Minnesota with my husband, partner, and two children. Writing is an interest I’ve been pursuing for as long as I can remember. I learned to type when I was four years old, and I can remember using a word processor as a young child to create stories involving people I know. As I grew up, I used that imagination in role-playing stories, and I couldn’t imagine pursuing anything else when it came to university focus. I was able to learn from some amazing professors, including Meta Mazaj, Kathy Van Cleve, and Marion Kant, and I don’t know where I’d be without them."

Marissa Alexa McCool is a podcaster, author, performer, and speaker. She identifies as a trans woman and is married, partnered, and a parent. Born in Akron, Ohio, she currently resides in Saint Paul, Minnesota with her family. Marissa graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in 2017, holding degrees in English, Cinema and Media Studies, and Anthropology. She also studied theatre, Shakespeare, and communication theory. Within the atheist community, Marissa has spoken at various events, including Lehigh Valley Humanists, Minnesota Atheists, Skepticon 10, and NaNoCon 3. Her journey as a trans woman began in 2016 when she came out while attending the University of Pennsylvania. She boldly confronted a hate preacher, followed by the release of her post-election book titled “The PC Lie: How American Voters Decided I Don’t Matter”.

Marissa has authored several books, including “False Start”, which featured contributions from other writers, and “Voice in the Dark”, which included a foreword from Dan Arel. In February 2016, Marissa started the Inciting Incident Podcast, featuring prominent atheist voices and intimate interviews. She co-hosts “The Cis Are Getting Out of Hand” podcast with Ari Stillman, addressing trans-specific issues with humor and skits. Marissa was the first trans person to appear in the 17-year history of the UPenn production of Eve Ensler’s “The Vagina Monologues”. She co-founded The Trans Podcaster Visibility Initiative with Callie Wright in 2017. Marissa combines her theatrical background with her fiery passion for atheism, humanist values, and intersectionality. Her goal is to speak out, speak loudly, and bring visibility to LGBT issues and secular values. Marissa Alexa McCool’s journey exemplifies resilience, activism, and the power of authentic storytelling.

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book