A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Shauna Marie O'Toole - My Transition Checklist

Shauna Marie O'Toole - My Transition Checklist

Full title: "My Transition Checklist: Updated 2014"

"As the laws across the country change, more and more people are coming out as transgender or transsexual. Finding a starting place to facilitate transitioning at work can be a challenge. I offer an outline of what we did to facilitate my transition. Use what works and come up with a different plan for what doesn't. If nothing else, it is a starting point for discussions."

In 2017, I talked to Shauna about which aspects of her experience can be useful for other transwomen: "Understanding that it's not just you, but everyone in your family that is transitioning. Some will accept. Some will reject.

Regardless, we all need to be who we are. Change can be painful, but we get to the other side and we are happier than we have ever been in our previous life. We find more self-confidence. Plus, we find a new family that welcomes us with open arms.

Have I ever regretted doing this so late in my life? I am asked this a lot. No, I don't. The reason is simple: my son. If I had done anything differently, I would not have this incredible young man for a son! I would walk through the flames of Hell itself if my love as a mother called for it. My son (21) is everything to me. I hope someday that my daughter (27) may return, but that is not how the smart money bets."

Available via lulu.com

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book