A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Tim de Jong - Man of vrouw, min of meer

Tim de Jong - Man of vrouw, min of meer

Original title: "Man of vrouw, min of meer: Gesprekken over een niet-gangbare sekse" (Male or female, more or less: Conversations about a non-common gender) by Tim de Jong. The book was published in 1999 and republished in 2017.

Transgender people have become more visible in recent years. Nowadays, most people know a trans woman or transman from the TV or in their own environment. People who change gender are becoming more and more accepted. There are also people for whom both male / female boxes fit badly, which is less known. The variety of gender identities is much broader than is often assumed.

In this book, a diverse group of people speak. They talk about the limitations they experience as a result of the sex division, and about the path they have taken to shape a gender identity that is 'different'. In addition to the life stories, experts give their views on the shifting views on gender, in which the classical dichotomy increasingly has to give way to gender diversity.

Available via bol.com

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book