A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , , » Daniel Cerero & Nallely Méndez - Oaxaca Trans: Historias de vida

Daniel Cerero & Nallely Méndez - Oaxaca Trans: Historias de vida

Original title: "Oaxaca Trans: Historias de vida" (Oaxaca Trans. Life stories) by Daniel Nizcub Vásquez Cerero and Nallely Guadalupe Tello Méndez.

The book includes the stories of Unice Dayami Méndez Ruiz, Ana Karen López Quintana, Jonathan Lavariega, José Leonardo Flores Ballinas, Jossiel Aran Bernardino Esteban, and Sarah Möbius.

Ana Karen, one of the participants, says that her story is also one of love, in which her male brothers and fathers see a sister or daughter they always wanted to have. For Ana Karen López Quintana, living her transsexuality has meant that, since childhood, pain, discrimination, violence, and crying have been her day to day. "It is a process that many people have gone through," says, evoking those yesterdays from a distance. Now she tries to see them as that which instead of killing her has made her strong. Never, she says, did she lower her guard in her struggle to want to be Ana Karen and not that person who is violated and discriminated against. That's what her story is about, one of the six that make up the book.

Available via imparcialoaxaca.mx

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book