A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Jessica Herthel & Jazz Jennings - Mam na imię Jazz

Jessica Herthel & Jazz Jennings - Mam na imię Jazz

"Mam na imię Jazz" is the Polish language edition of "My name is Jazz" by Jessica Herthel and Jazz Jennings (2015). A nice book for children with the story of Jazz Jennings.

"From the time she was two years old, Jazz knew that she had a girl's brain in a boy's body. She loved pink and dressing up as a mermaid and didn't feel like herself in boy's clothing.

This confused her family, until they took her to a doctor who said that Jazz was transgender and that she was born that way. Jazz's story is based on her real-life experience and she tells it in a simple, clear way that will be appreciated by picture book readers, their parents, and teachers."

According to Wikipedia, Jazz Jennings was born in 2000, and she is an American YouTube personality, spokesmodel, television personality, and transgender rights activist, being one of the youngest publicly documented people to be identified as transgender. 
She caught national attention in 2007 when she was interviewed by Barbara Walters, which led to other high-profile interviews and appearances.

Her parents stated that Jennings was clear about her being female as soon as she could speak. Being known for her transgender advocacy, she is a co-founder of the TransKids Purple Rainbow Foundation, which she and her parents founded in 2007 to assist transgender youth.

In addition, in 2013, she founded Purple Rainbow Tails, a company selling rubber mermaid outfits to raise money for transgender children. She is a host of a YouTube series about her life, titled "I Am Jazz", and is a star of the TLC reality TV series, I Am Jazz, which focuses on her life with her family.

Available via lubimyczytac.pl
Photo via Facebook

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book