A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Tania Navarro Amo - La infancia de una transexual en la dictadura

Tania Navarro Amo - La infancia de una transexual en la dictadura

Original title: "La infancia de una transexual en la dictadura" (The Childhood of a Transsexual in the Dictatorship) by Tania Navarro Amo.

In 1965 Tania had to attend the reformatory due to a bad decision taken by her mother and conditioned by the neighbors. That is when she became a rebel as a consequence of the political and social repression that she experienced in those years.

Her multiple escapes from various reformatories forced her to end up on the street working as a prostitute while she was still a minor; where she was mistreated, imprisoned, and raped. This novel reflects all her crude experiences related to her transgender status during the Franco era.


Tania Navarro Amo is one of the first publicly transsexual women who lived in times of dictatorship in Spain. She was born in Barcelona in 1956 and lives in El Prat. She lived in different European cities such as Paris, Milan, Zurich, Hamburg and, of course, her beloved Madrid, where she worked for 20 years in different cabarets and theatres.

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book