A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Nora Dahmer - Endlich Nora!: Aus einem Transgender

Nora Dahmer - Endlich Nora!: Aus einem Transgender

Original title: "Endlich Nora!: Aus einem Transgender" (Finally Nora!: From a Transgender Life) by Nora Dahmer.

I grew up in the sixties and seventies when transsexuality was still a foreign word. More than 40 years trapped as Jens in my own public cage and believing that he was perverted and deviant. Desperately struggling with myself to be accepted as a man in society. I had a great family with two children. Should I endanger everything with a coming-out?

Accompanied by numerous preparations, I dare to come out with family and friends in 2019 after so many years of public cage. There are many moving situations that are so different from what I had previously feared. I can be a little Nora without having to give up my previous life.

While I continue to consistently appear as a man in my job, I can often be a woman in my private life. But I have to realize that this state of affairs is also tearing me apart. In my life I was a woman dressed as a man, now I am a man dressed as a woman. I have to overcome this schizophrenia. No, I no longer want to live in two identities. The catch: I don't want to give up my previous life. Again, I have to make a decision. This time a final one.

In the deserts of Africa, the decision matures in January 2020 to live exclusively as a woman in the future. With all the consequences, both private and professional. And so I embark on the last stage of a transition that could hardly be more pronounced in a man in his mid-fifties. I am entering a second puberty and learning to see society with different eyes. Today I live officially and judicially recognized as a woman. I implemented the hardest decision of my life. And the best for my true self.

Available via Amazon
Photo by Monika Plump Fotografie via noradahmer.de

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book