A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Barbara Buick - L'etiquette

Barbara Buick - L'etiquette

Original title: "L'etiquette" (The label) by Barbara Buick.

The label is what you are given when you are born: male or female, male or female. What if, one day, it becomes so unsuitable for you that you have to change it? So you have to fight, give up your family for many years, and sometimes give up friendships you thought were true. Let's get along.

It's one thing to want to change sex, like some famous transvestites, by dint of hormone injections and operations. It's another thing to have to find the sex that is really yours, and that was stolen from you by incompetent medicine, an intractable civil status, and a conformist family.

Barbara Buick, the author of this book, was one of these characters, and it is her tormented life that she tells us about. The pages where she talks about her career at the Music Hall, and the relationships she may have had with famous post-war figures, are of real anecdotal interest.

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book