A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Donna Rose - Wrapped in Blue: A Journey of Discovery

Donna Rose - Wrapped in Blue: A Journey of Discovery

Full title: "Wrapped in Blue: A Journey of Discovery" by Donna Rose.

In Eric Peterson's review we can read: "I know Donna, and consider her to be a friend. AND, this book is incredible. When I started it, I was under the impression that I knew a fair amount about the transgender experience. To be fair, I knew more than most cis-gender people know, and what I knew was more or less correct. But there was SO much that I DIDN'T know, and I'm incredibly grateful to Donna for being so forthcoming, so brave, so insightful, so willing to share her story".

In 2014, I had the pleasure of talking to Donna, and this is what she said when asked about some advice for transgender women: "Transition, and often beyond, is very difficult if you’re obsessed with who might know about your history. You’ve got to grow some thick skin before you can move forward. I could say some flowery things like, “it’s what on the inside that counts” or “it doesn’t matter what anyone else things” but those things are of little comfort when confronted by someone who is challenging your gender. It took me quite a while to get past the stares and the snickers but it was something I needed to do to be me.

So, when it comes to advice, I think the best thing I could say is that a key element in all of this is time. It’s easy to dwell in the difficulty of the moment, but time helps overcome discomfort. Be creative finding support, be open to thinking about things in new ways, but most of all – be patient."

"I go back to that quotation about Fear. The day any of us gives in to what others would have us be rather than who we dare to be is the day we surrender. My dad used to say, “For those who understand, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.” The peace that comes with daring to rebirth yourself is partly a by-product of the difficulty of the journey. Those things you mention are real. They exist, and there’s no getting around that. Be smart. Be aware. Be careful. But, don’t be afraid."

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book