A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Paula Stone Williams - As a Woman

Paula Stone Williams - As a Woman

Full title: "As a Woman: What I Learned about Power, Sex, and the Patriarchy after I Transitioned" by Paula Stone Williams.

In Dawn Michelle's review, we can read: "As someone who has never had the desire to be anything other than a woman, there was a lot to unpack, and Ms. Williams does it very well, even the parts that I didn't agree with [based on her belief system and religion].

I find, that as I read books about the Transgender community, my empathy grows for those who struggle in the body they were born in. I may never understand it, but I want to be as empathetic as one can be and the only way to get there is to read stories such as Paula Stone Williams' story and grow in the knowledge that they are sharing."

Paula Stone Williams is an American pastoral counselor and internationally known speaker on gender equity, LGBTQ advocacy, and religious tolerance. She served as president of the Christian church planting organization Orchard Group from 1989 to 2009. Williams came out as a transgender woman in December 2012. She is currently a pastor at Envision Community Church in Longmont, Colorado. Williams has also hosted several TED Talks, where she shares her personal story of transitioning from a man to a woman and her insights on gender equity, LGBTQ advocacy, and religious tolerance.

Available via Amazon
Photo via Facebook

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book