A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Anita Andersen - Min Vej Hjem

Anita Andersen - Min Vej Hjem

Original title: "Min Vej Hjem" (My Way Home) by Anita Andersen.

The book provides you with a deep and poignantly honest account of my life as a woman trapped in a man's body. You will be able to read about my upbringing, about feeling trapped in the wrong body, and about taking up the fight and choosing life.

A journey of identity disorder, adaptation, prejudice, ignorance, distancing from close relationships and about the physical and mental challenges and changes a hormone therapy can cause. Last but not least, you can read about my gender reassignment surgery and life after. I will go into depth about my feelings and thoughts and hope that you as readers can sense and maybe even understand what life as a transgender person can be like and how much you are willing to go through to feel better inside. Many people think it's a choice when you suddenly come out as transgender.

"Author and lecturer Anita Andersen is a 54-year-old woman who has lived most of her life as a man and is the father of two girls. Anita was born in a man's body, and was therefore raised as a boy, and has since been married and became the father of 2 girls. In 2012, she came out as a woman, divorced and began her physical transformation."

"In January 2017, I underwent sex reassignment surgery, so today I appear and live as the woman I have always been inside. The journey from man to woman has been hard, and gloomy with many major personal and life-threatening crises. The personal journey I have been on is deeper and longer than what most people experience, and therefore many have benefited greatly from my lectures, support and help. I do everything I can to break down the prejudice and ignorance surrounding transgender people."

Available via bog-ide.dk
Photo via Instagram

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book