A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Ella Marques - Coming Home to Venus

Ella Marques - Coming Home to Venus

Full title: "Coming Home to Venus: The story of a woman transitioning to her real self" by Ella Marques.

In her introduction on Amazon, Ella Marques wrote: "In my first book, I Was Born a Boy, from Venus, I wrote my autobiography, stories about the great life experiences I had, about the struggles I went through, and about the beginnings of my transition. This book, Coming Home to Venus, is about my transition, from the first steps I took up to gender reassignment surgery, what happened, the changes I went through, the lessons I learned, the changes in and to my environment, the similar experiences of others, and what I expect for the future."

I interviewed Ella twice in 2017 and 2020. Each discussion with her was a great inspiration for me. This is what she said about this book: "Coming home to Venus is a book about change. About becoming yourself, the steps to becoming fully yourself, in this case being a transgender woman. I hope many trans people read the book and take it as a roadmap for transition and many cis people understand what is change in the history of a trans woman.

The steps in the book came more or less chronologically, starting with trying to understand my gender dysphoria up to gender reassignment surgery, and becoming yourself in the real world. It talks about counseling, support groups, Hormone replacement therapy, passing and acceptance, family and friends, name and paper changes… most things that are dealt with during a transition. I think it is a very interesting read for all that are transitioning and for people interested in the transgender theme."

"Ella Marques was born in Portugal in 1956 as a man. She went to Le Rosey a Boarding school in Switzerland, Studied Mechanical Engineering in London. She spent a large time of her life in Switzerland where she had a very good business career and made her MBA, She lived as well in Paris and sometime in Brazil. Ella traveled all her life, has been in many countries in most continents and speaks seven languages. Now she lives in south Florida, where she finally took the courage and transitioned from Male to Female (MTF), her real self. She started to write, she is very active with the transgender community, and stopped living in denial of herself."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book