A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Aria DiMezzo - Dancing in Hellfire

Aria DiMezzo - Dancing in Hellfire

Full title: "Dancing in Hellfire: Life as Transgender to Mississippi Drug-Addicted Fundamentalists"

"This is the story of my life--of being trans going all the way back to when I was three years old, but being in the worst possible environment for it: rural Mississippi, surrounded by fundamentalist Christians who also happened to be drug addicts.

After the divorce, my mother went from pain killers to meth, and was murdered when I was twelve, while my father was arrested for embezzlement, and I was shuffled off to my strict, no-nonsense, extremely fundamentalist grandmother who screened everything I could watch, everything I could listen to, and everything I could be exposed to.

This is a story of what it's like to be trans and brought up by fundamentalist Christians who lived in poverty in rural Mississippi. It is also a story of what it's like to be surrounded by drug addicts and abusive alcoholics, to have a father kill a woman when one is four years old, and to listen to a mother choke out "I can't breathe..." at two in the morning."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book