A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Armonia Lemaître - Je suis une poupée gigogne

Armonia Lemaître - Je suis une poupée gigogne

Original title: "Je suis une poupée gigogne" (I am a nesting doll) by Armonia Lemaître (Armonia Zyra).

"As a child, Armonia already knew she was different. Born into a body that is not her own, she is confronted with uncontrollable phobias, and nightmares, terrified by what she feels inside her: an identity she does not understand. But the straitjacket of society, as well as her education, prevent her from putting words on her malaise and she takes refuge in normal life, trying, by all means, to deny who she really is.

It is only at the age of fifty that her life turns upside down. Armonia begins her transition. She then tells us about the vicissitudes of her journey: the difficulties she faces, sometimes hilarious, often tragic anecdotes, the people who helped her or thwarted her evolution, and finally, the final accomplishment when she becomes a woman in her own right." 

"When Armonia Zyra was born, she was a boy. Fifty years later, her life turned upside down. She becomes the woman she has always felt living in her. She then embarked on the writing of an autobiographical story: I am a nesting doll. Now retired, Armonia can freely devote herself to her passions: sports, baroque music, sung theatre, reading and of course, writing, with the preparation of a novel to be published soon."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book