A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Christie De Vries - Down the Rabbit Hole...: An Autobiography

Christie De Vries - Down the Rabbit Hole...: An Autobiography

In 2016, I interviewed Christine, and this is what she shared with me: "Why did I decide to write my autobiography? Mainly, as a catharsis. I had a very difficult childhood and a very difficult relationship with my adoptive mother. I carried a lot of baggage around for years. I knew if I was ever to get any peace of mind, I had to let it all go.

I also wanted it to be a guidepost for young people with gender issues. Hopefully, it will help those who read it to understand things a little more. I would hope that other transwomen could identify with some or all of my experiences. Most of us travel a similar path in life, I think."

"I began hormone treatment at seventeen and yes, it was a very difficult process. It all took time. I was young and impatient. At age twenty, I saw a Professor of Gynecology, who told me I'd have to wait ten years! I was horrified, but got through the assessments in eighteen months and had the surgery at age twenty-one."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book