A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Danièlle Weiss - Die vergessene Königin: Leben in Transidentität

Danièlle Weiss - Die vergessene Königin: Leben in Transidentität

Original title: "Die vergessene Königin: Leben in Transidentität" (The Forgotten Queen: Living in Trans Identity)

Transgender women and men live among us, preferably incognito and with perfect "passing". What attitude to life do they have – before and after the outing, hormone therapy, and maybe even surgery?

Danièlle Weiss describes in clear and open words what it means to be transgender. She sheds light on medical, cultural, psychological, and personal aspects of the "third gender".

'Sometimes I jokingly describe myself as a test-tube woman, an artificially created being, born in the no man's land between the two poles of the sexes, eternally on the way to the woman in me, knowing full well that I will never quite reach her.'

Danièlle Weiss was born in 1955 in Kufstein/Tyrol. Early on, she was aware of her transsexuality but did not dare to live it out. She was married three times and had three children. After exhausting internal and external struggles and years of stays in Asia, which were also accompanied by expeditions into inner spaces of consciousness, Danièlle Weiss now lives in Kufstein again. In the meantime, she has gone the way from man to woman, with all the consequences, supported by her wife Mary, who has remained by her side. Danièlle has found her happiness.

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book