A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Darrell G. Raynor - A Year Among the Girls

Darrell G. Raynor - A Year Among the Girls

"In 1966, Darrell Raynor published A Year Among the Girls, which describes Raynor's time at the inn. "If there was a place where transvestite friendships were made and sealed it was at this resort," Raynor wrote the book to help create the exhibit.

A true report of men who dress in women's clothes, the Transvestite world. The author spent a whole year exploring the psychology, literature, domestic and social lives of the male cross-dressers of America.

"I found this personal review on the Femulate blog: "When I read A Year Among the Girls in 1968, I was a high school senior trying to figure things out about my gender.

The book did not help me figure things out, but it did make me aware that there were more guys dressing as girls than I had originally suspected. (I originally thought it was only me and my best friend Billy.)

The book was such an eye-opener for a young femulator like me. Back then, there was next to no information available on the subject unless you frequented the right (wrong) bookstores or received mail wrapped in plain brown paper. So I was amazed that there were adult males dressing up and socializing as women!"

Available via books.google.com

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book