A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Deena Rose - Some Days Are Diamonds

Deena Rose - Some Days Are Diamonds

Full title: "Some Days Are Diamonds: The Trans. Journey of Nashville Songwriter Dick Feller" by Deena Rose

The book is "the autobiography of a successful creative male artist who was also a closeted transgender woman. Deena Kaye Rose recalls her life in this honest memoir that is quirky, country, and uplifting. From the thoughts of suicide into the chances of fate, Deena recounts her torment and triumphs as a male to female transgender woman."

I talked to Deena in 2016 and this is what she told me about the book: "When I met Kristin Beck, she told me there was no reason for me to allude to my old dead name; that I could move to Seattle, transition, change all of my gender markers and no one need ever know. I said, “Yes, Kristin, but I would know. And it would be unfair to my TransSisters if I were to choose living in stealth myself while others like Kristin Beck are putting themselves and their lives on the line in order to achieve gender equality for all.”

So my story is my attempt to say to others like myself who have struggled with the idea of transition and what there might be to lose, that all of the negative circumstances that I had imagined never came to pass! And worrying about those “maybes” was an exercise in wasted energy and wasted tears. And the worse day I have had since my transition to a full-time lady is better than the best day I had in the dozen or so years before that. I was prepared for disappointment— I was not really prepared to be SO VERY HAPPY!

Each morning, I look in the mirror and I think, I am a woman! Most times, I start to tear up just from the very emotional memory of feeling that I would never see this reflection of myself. “Hello, Lady. Where have you been?” She was there all the time. A transfriend once said to me, “You know, you have to learn to act like a woman.” I said, “No, I have ALWAYS been a woman. I am just learning to act like a Lady!”"

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book