A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Larry Maddock - Sex Life of a Transvestite

Larry Maddock - Sex Life of a Transvestite

I found an interesting review by Tom Paine: "This is the story of a man who is otherwise straight (heterosexual), but who likes to wear women's clothes and go out in public as a woman. It was told in twelve taped interviews in 1964. To my knowledge, it was the first book-length, a first-person memoir of its kind.

In the 1960s, a person who had the need or compulsion to express the opposite gender through clothes, grooming, and mannerisms was called a "transvestite," and the subject was little-understood and generally taboo. This was especially true with regard to men who desired to dress as women. "Leonard Wheeler" (not his real name) is a successful professional artist who works at a major advertising agency.

But when not working as a man, he enjoys dressing in women's clothes and has carefully developed and refined his female wardrobe, makeup technique, hairstyles (wigs), voice, and mannerisms, so that he presents in public as a strikingly attractive young woman. Her name is "Connie.""

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book