A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Ella Marques - I was born a boy, from Venus

Ella Marques - I was born a boy, from Venus

Full title: "I was born a boy, from Venus: It's time to be yourself" by Ella Marques.

This book was the first autobiography of Ella Marques. In 2020, she published her second book: "Coming Home to Venus: The story of a woman transitioning to her real self".

In her introduction on Amazon, Ella Marques wrote: "I am in the process of transitioning from male to female (MTF) at the age of sixty. I would like to share with you my extraordinary life, not only because I am transgender, but because I am an international person who has lived in many countries, gone to some of the best schools in the world, worked at management levels within international companies, and had many different, wild, and wonderful experiences. "

I interviewed Ella twice in 2017 and 2020. Each discussion with her was a great inspiration for me. This is what she said about this book: "It was a big step for me, to decide to share my most intimate moments and times with the rest of the world. Sometimes I find it very interesting that I am getting famous for what I tried to hide all my life. I wrote my book for three reasons.

The first reason is to tell all people that are not transgender that, what we go through is not an option, it is real and does not go away. Please do not forget that still over 40% of transgender people attempt to commit suicide in the USA. It is painful to read those headlines every time, and I often wonder if things could have been different with just a little more community support.

But I tried to share my story in a way that is interesting and not boring. Transgender people are positive, we are great people that deserve to be admired and accepted as we are. I am always very surprised to see that most people have actually never met a transgender person in their life, and sometimes they have the Idea that all trans people are something like a weird Drag Queen. Well, some of us are. But they deserve your respect and acceptance too. The second reason is to tell Transgender people that there is a way to live the way you feel is your real self. Be courageous, work on your self-esteem and confidence. The third reason, and most of all I would like to tell parents of transgender kids that acceptance is key for their development, they deserve to be themselves from the beginning and not be loaded with guilt all their life."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book