A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , , » Stephanie Anne Lloyd - Stephanie: A Girl in a Million

Stephanie Anne Lloyd - Stephanie: A Girl in a Million

Full title: "Stephanie: A Girl in a Million" by Stephanie Anne Lloyd.

"This is Stephanie’s autobiography. It tells the story of Stephanie Anne Lloyd, the founder of Transformation and one of the first openly transgender women to speak out about the struggles and achievements of someone who is openly transgender.

At the age of 68, I have lived just over 50% of my life as a woman and the other half as a man. If women knew how much easier it is for men I am sure there would be a revolution. Hopefully this very personal and honest account will give a unique perspective of the real differences between the sexes and also make the path of those who follow in my footsteps somewhat easier in these more enlightened times.

As I undressed and changed into my hospital gown, I tried to avoid catching sight of myself in the mirror that stretched the entire width of the wall. I couldn’t bear to look at my body and see the evidence of what I had become – an in-betweeny, with the full, firm breasts of a women and the genitals of a man. I felt, and looked a freak. That thought alone was enough to make me realise that tomorrow couldn’t arrive soon enough. Was it really only twelve hours since I’d left my house to embark upon what I could only describe as the greatest journey of my life! It seemed like years ago.

My memories of the taxi journey to the airport, the brief flight to London and my underground ride to Hammersmith Station were hazy; I’d been far too preoccupied with my own thoughts to take much notice of what had been going on around me as I had journeyed south to London for my appointment with my future – if indeed I was to have a future, I mentally amended."

Stephanie Anne Booth (1946-2016), also known as Stephanie Anne Lloyd, was a British transgender businesswoman and hotelier, based in Llangollen, a town situated on the River Dee, in Denbighshire, Wales. She was known for founding 'Transformation', the first British business catering to the transgender and transvestite community, and her participation in the reality television series about her business Hotel Stephanie for BBC Wales in 2008-2009.

Available via Amazon
The Photo via YouTube.


Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book