A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Francis Wheen - Who Was Dr. Charlotte Bach?

Francis Wheen - Who Was Dr. Charlotte Bach?

Full title: "Who Was Dr. Charlotte Bach?"

"In 1971 a curious character appeared on the London academic scene. Charlotte Bach was a former lecturer at the University of Budapest and expounded a new theory of sex and evolution. Here, Francis Wheen unravels the bizarre life story of this elusive Hungarian with a genius for deception."

According to Wikipedia, Charlotte Bach was born Karoly Hajdu (1920–1981), and she was a Hungarian-British impostor who later in life became a transgender woman and fringe evolutionary theorist.

She was known for her stylish wigs and extravagant clothes. She developed an alternative theory of evolution that acquired a cult following among prominent writers and scientists in the London of the 1970s, who remained ignorant of her transgender status until after her death. 

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book