A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Helma Katrin Alter - Gleiche Chancen für alle

Helma Katrin Alter - Gleiche Chancen für alle

Original title: "Gleiche Chancen für alle" (Equal opportunities for everyone) by Helma Katrin Alter

"The author takes completely different paths than we are used to when dealing with the topic of trans identity. The media and the population use the word transsexuality, which was introduced by doctors and lawyers.

Through a cultural and socio-political approach, the author first tries to make it clear that trans identity would be nothing special if it were not repeatedly viewed from the exotic or painful perspective. Many of their thoughts and solutions can also be applied to a large number of other problems that many people have to deal with in their lives.

She makes it very clear that legislation and medicine, including psychotherapy, are only accompanying measures. They bring neither the solution to the problems nor do they have the decision-making authority to whom help may and may not. The author clearly places the responsibility to lead a life worth living in the hands of the transgender people themselves, living together with all people in this society."

Available via lili-elbe.de

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book