A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Janine Roberts - The Seven Days of My Creation

Janine Roberts - The Seven Days of My Creation

Full title: "The Seven Days of My Creation: Tales of Magic, Sex and Gender" by Jani Farrell-Roberts, also known as Janine Roberts.

"In my early years, I was called father although I had not fathered. I then left this rocky prominence to descend to a rich fertile land in which I became a priestess and parent, investigative journalist, and filmmaker. On my journey, I learnt about my nature, changed gender roles, brought up children, survived male violence, wrote articles and books with the Aborigines among whom I lived and worked as well as producing films shown on Australian, American and British television and testified to the US Congress on Blood Diamonds.

During that time I did not speak publicly of my own unusual path for I wished to protect my children from being teased. But the children grew up, and into my life came a critical illness. I had no time to lose. I returned to what was most sacred to me.

In this book, I use my gender journey as a metaphor for our society's journey out of patriarchy. I thus weave in many stories of gender and sexuality from Australian Aboriginal and other ancient cultures, of magic and menstruation, circumcision, and childhood gender-typing, on how martyrdom became a route to heaven, of the suppression of the Gnostics and the Beguine women, on the witch-hunts, European shamanism, meditation and mysticism, child-welcoming and Wiccan initiation rituals, the Final Rites and much else. "

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book