A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Jody Keller - Becoming: A Journey of Gender and Spirit

Jody Keller - Becoming: A Journey of Gender and Spirit

"The pages of this book detail a journey, a pilgrimage, an evolution. This journey is without a final destination, but certainly not without a clear purpose. It began with the yearning to become whole, and not with any intention to live as a woman.

My pursuit of wholeness is without end, a dynamic process that became a consuming passion, and will last until my final breath. Although initially not focused on a change in gender, this path did lead to the acceptance that I am female and always have been female. This acceptance brought inner peace, physical health, an outer radiance, and a permanent joy that were not imaginable beforehand, but created shock waves that challenged every aspect of my external world.

Most books on transsexualism or transgenderism are of two types. Those written by therapists, counselors, psychologists and psychiatrists, tend to be clinical and therapeutic in nature. Other books, written by those who have actually changed gender (transitioned), are almost exclusively tell-all, matter-of-fact autobiographies, covering the details of a gender change and abruptly end at the surgery.

Although they contain personal reactions to life changes, they rarely focus on emotional and spiritual struggle. But the internal mission is the source of the external changes - the desire to be whole, to become genuine, and to come to rest in the place of love and contentment is the only way to outward fulfillment."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book