A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Kathy Anne Noble - Two Lives

Kathy Anne Noble - Two Lives

Full title: "Two Lives: A Transsexual's Story and the Fight for Recognition".

"Two Lives: A Transsexual's story and the fight for recognition is a heart-wrenching read. The author shares her painful, yet sometimes happy journey through a tormented life that many could not imagine. From early childhood and being born a boy called Frank, Kathy felt something was not right with her gender.

As she matured her body shape and physical appearance leant towards female, but it was the turmoil inside her mind that caused her the greatest anxiety. As a man, she married and had a family and tried in vain to be 'normal' as society would say, while in private she dressed in her wife's clothes. There would be another marriage and it was in this one that she came out and declared she would be changing her life to the female she always knew she had to be.

With sex re-assignment surgery Kathy emerged to bravely fight the long, difficult battle for recognition. Kathy's honesty and strength give the reader a truly informative and insightful look into the subject of transsexuals and their struggle through Government and political departments and laws pertaining to their rights."

In 2014, I interviewed Kathy and asked her about her transition experiences: "I knew from about 6 that there was something wrong. I compensated over the years by crossdressing, but stopped that as well after my second marriage, and 20 years of growing a beard. I finally came out to my second wife at the age of 65, just before we retired. She partially accepted my change and proceeded to tell the kids. They all accepted me, as did the Grandkids. My wife died in 2000.

For the guys, it was a little harder, but that came good too, over time. I have been extremely lucky in keeping friends and workmates, but more important has been the fact, that I have made many new friends within and outside of the Trans* community."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book