A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Kayo Satoh - Re-born

Kayo Satoh - Re-born

Original title: "Re-born" by Kayo Satoh (佐藤かよ).

Kayo Satoh, born in 1988, a Japanese model, YouTube vlogger, and television personality, tells her story of the pain she experienced in a society that didn’t understand her and her male-to-female transition.

She started her hormone therapy at the age of 15. Suffering from gender identity disorder, she had to face a lot of challenges in junior high school, and she ran away from home after graduation. After working part-time at a convenience store, her friend introduced her to the long-sought women's clothing department store. Six months later, she was scouted by a fashion magazine and introduced to the president of a modeling agency.

In 2008, a Nagoya local fashion magazine published her photos and her modeling career started for good. In 2010, she came out as a transgender woman. On June 23, 2011, she released her first book "Re-born", which includes her first semi-nude photos.


Available via goodreads.com

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book