A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Loris Ádreon - Meu corpo minha prisao: Autobiografia de um...

Loris Ádreon - Meu corpo minha prisao: Autobiografia de um...

Original title: "Meu corpo minha prisao: Autobiografia de um transsexual" (My Body My Prison: Autobiography of a Transsexual) by Loris Ádreon.

According to Duda Zanine, the book is an autobiographical account of Loris Ádreon from birth to adulthood. There is (at least) an evident romanticization of the facts or, as Bernardete Lira would say, a “cheesy delusional” tone.

Born in Spain, Loris moved to Manaus with her family sometime in her teens. In Brazil, she ends up torn between the love of an Italian immigrant and an indigenous man. Meanwhile, she suffers various violence for being transgender. The narrator presents herself as an unfortunate romantic maiden with a pure heart, while Oitameno represents the noble colonized savage. Something similar to Ceci and Peri from O Guarani. Curious, I researched and found nothing relevant about Loris Ádreon on the internet, not even a photo. Total mystery. The author has fallen into oblivion, although the book involved intellectuals such as Herbert Daniel and Rose Marie Muraro in its publication.

Available via sebodomessias.com.br

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book