A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Lucia Richardson - Lucia: The life of a Transgender Person

Lucia Richardson - Lucia: The life of a Transgender Person

"Living an authentic life is a gift for us all. The journey is like being re-born where one redefines themselves and must learn much all over again. It's a foreign territory for both transgender people and the general population which presents many challenges to overcome with little time given to learn. The courageous journey for self-improvement can be an inspiration for us all and goes much beyond the physical appearance."

In 2015, I interviewed Lucia and this is what she told me about the book: "When I first started writing my autobiography, I had no intention to even publish my book publicly, but it was clear that I would tell my life story. The effort proved to be therapeutic for me. At the time, my intent was to inform my immediate family, colleagues, and friends about my journey and my decision for the need to transition from a male to a female. As I started telling my story, it became apparent that I had a message for the world as well. I thought that it might be of interest for the general public to hear my message.

I also thought it useful to provide supporting information for transgender individuals. Even though the book focused primarily on the topic and life of a transgender individual, I attempted to tell a story that inspired others for taking on the journey of self-discovery, self-improvement, self-love, and a life of authentic self own. A meaningful journey that is well worth the effort, no matter what challenge needs to be overcome, is a gift for us all.

After releasing the first edition of my book back in December 2014, I discovered that I had the interest to bridge the gap between Transgender individuals and the social stigma imposed by the general population upon transgender individuals. By stepping into their world (general population), leveling and explaining objectively from the viewpoint of the public the reason for such a journey. Also, I thought I could attempt to tell a story that could capture the general interest of people. As such, the final version of my book was born and the second edition was released last September 2015."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book