A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Morganna Love - En el cuerpo correcto

Morganna Love - En el cuerpo correcto

Original title: "En el cuerpo correcto: El primer testimonio de una mujer trans en México" (In the right body: The first testimony of a trans woman in Mexico)

A story of courage and strength of spirit that portrays the life of Morganna Love, a Mexican opera singer who fought against the prejudices of society and the rejection of her own family in order to fulfill her dream: to be the full woman she is today. day. 

From her religious childhood as Saul to the trip she made to Bangkok to carry out her gender reassignment, Morganna reveals to us how difficult the path can be for a person who inhabits a divided body and learns to face it despite the adversities, the prejudices, and discrimination typical of a painfully sexist, hypocritical and conservative country.

In 2015, I interviewed Morganna and this is what she said when asked about the biggest challenge for her coming out: "To lose my love. The love of my past life. Which was a gay man. And to lose my family. Because I lose so many years apart from them. I missed the family parties, like Christmas. I was alone at that time, and it was difficult. And sometimes, I had no food. Because sometimes I had to buy my hormones and there was no money left to buy food. Hahaha. Now I'm laughing, but it was really complicated. But you know what? It was really, really worth it!"


Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book