A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Olivia Chaumont - D'un corps à l'autre

Olivia Chaumont - D'un corps à l'autre

Original title: "D'un corps à l'autre" (From one body to another)

'I remember myself as a kid, playing with my brother. They used to say 'boys'. And of course, I was a boy since we did exactly the same things. What was valid for one was valid for the other: clothes, entertainment, toys, Meccano, life. So why this weird feeling that we were different? That I wasn't in the same world? That what I wanted was my sisters' world, their own world? That's where I wanted to go.'

In January 2010, the Grand Orient of France accepted for the first time a woman as a member of the obedience. And what a woman! For more than fifty years, Olivia Chaumont lived in the body envelope of a man but, deep down, she always knew she was different. At the dawn of 2007, she decided to have surgery in Thailand to live in her real skin, that of a woman.

A vivid and moving testimony, D'un corps à l'autre retraces without false modesty an exceptional life itinerary. Not hesitating to evoke the unexpected and sometimes dramatic consequences that a change of gender can entail, Olivia Chaumont addresses very concretely the issue of transsexuality. Its goal: to make known and understand to the general public what is the life and situation of trans people today. More sensitive than sensational, this book is above all the story of a life and a struggle.


Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book