A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Pamela Halling - Schlaflos in Essen: Die zweite Pubertät

Pamela Halling - Schlaflos in Essen: Die zweite Pubertät

Original title: "Schlaflos in Essen: Die zweite Pubertät" (Sleepless in Essen: The Second Puberty)

Author Pamela Halling was born a man. She spent almost 40 years trying to live up to a role whose dissonance with her own feelings seemed to grow almost daily. Only when she threatened to break down due to suffering did she get professional help - and advice that would change her whole life: "Finally stand by what you are!"

'I was allowed to see the light of day on April 17, 1972 in Vechta (NDS). I am the youngest daughter of a middle-class family. I was allowed to spend my childhood and youth well protected in the small Catholic town of Bühren near Emstek.

I got married for the first time when I was 24 and this marriage produced two wonderful girls. The marriage lasted 13 years. Since 2010 I have been living happily with my second wife Sabine in Essen. I have had the opportunity to learn a wide range of professions in my life. From the electrician to the motor vehicle mechanic and the communications electronics technician to the retail clerk. I was also allowed to call my own company for IT service and training. And I had to go through all of this in the wrong body.

Unfortunately, I was born with male characteristics. Since 2010 I have been on the way to the right, the female body. So that soul and body now fit together. My beloved wife Sabine and my children accompany me on my way. And maybe you will accompany me part of the way. Maybe as a reader or friend or just as a human being.'


Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book