A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Pat Conover - Transgender Good News

Pat Conover - Transgender Good News

According to the review by D. B. Perrin, "In the early part of the book, Ms. Conover takes great care to show how pitifully lacking is the truly scientific approach to the study of the phenomenon she refers to as "transgender experience and expression."

Later in the book, she does the same with the religious institutions of our day. Using an easily understood analogy she draws the reader's attention to the fact that the scientific community fumbles "through the haystack searching for the needle" when transgender experience and expression is so broad and all-encompassing that it actually is the haystack. There is no needle and it is the haystack that should be the focus of their attention.

She goes on to dissect current theological thinking with the same careful precision. She carefully constructs a view of transgender experience and expression with which the transgender reader can identify wholly. As I read I experienced moments of extreme anger and frustration, and periods of great joy. I could not help thinking how far we, as a society, have come, and how far we have yet to go. Pat's book is good news to all of us, not just those of us who are transgender."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book