A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Peggy Guex - Chassée du Paradis, rescapée de l'enfer

Peggy Guex - Chassée du Paradis, rescapée de l'enfer

Original title: "Chassée du Paradis, rescapée de l'enfer" (Driven out of paradise, escaped from hell)

"It all begins with a pampered childhood of a cherished son, so much desired by a father who demanded to have a boy. Adolescence follows a terrible course of obstacles in the face of the misunderstanding of others, the violence of society, betrayals, and tragedies.

And finally, thanks to the miracles of surgery, comes the time to become a woman. A journey punctuated by intense happiness and harsh strokes of theatre, the destiny of Peggy Guex, born Roland, turns out to be a whirlwind of prodigious adventures that questions us: what is the difference? What do you really decide in a lifetime?

She could boast dazzling music-hall pseudonyms: Gloria Paname, Diana Santiago... She would act, defying convention, fear, and danger. Today, at 64 years old, she testifies to tell her truth and tell us about her absolutely atypical journey. To all of us without exception, without exclusion."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book