A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , , » Riki Anne Wilchins - Read My Lips: Sexual Subversion...

Riki Anne Wilchins - Read My Lips: Sexual Subversion...

Full title: "Read My Lips: Sexual Subversion and the End of Gender" by Riki Anne Wilchins.

"Riki Anne Wilchins has written the book that may take the discussion of gender over the top. Read My Lips: Sexual Subversion and the tend of Gender, a frontal assault on both the status quo in academic studies and the full spectrum of single-issue identity politics, will change the way you think about bodies, sex, and gender. Yours and everyone else's.

Combining the theoretical breakthroughs of Judith Butler's Gender Trouble and the performance revelations of Kate Bornstein's Gender Outlaw, Wilchins - cofounder of the Transsexual Menace - moves the dialogue to a new level. In a voice that is by turns outraged, outrageous, sad, and hilarious, the author weaves theory and personal experience into a compelling story of self-discovery. She redefines what it means to be "gendered", both by the way she lives and the accessible theoretical narrative she constructs."

In 2017, I interviewed Riki and asked her whether the development of cosmetic surgery will be a breakthrough for transgender women, so they are no longer prisoners of passing or non-passing syndrome: "I wrote a whole piece on early hormone treatment called Transgender Dinosaurs about the changes this will make in the community. I don’t think it’s surgery, it’s the spread of early treatment that will shift everything for future trans generations."

Available via goodreads.com

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book