A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Rossella Bianchi - In via del Campo nascono i fiori

Rossella Bianchi - In via del Campo nascono i fiori

Original title: "In via del Campo nascono i fiori" (Flowers are born in via del Campo) by Rossella Bianchi.

Many say that selling your body is the most humiliating thing, but when you have known the drama of not being accepted by your family, by society, the frustration of being refused a job to which you would be entitled, persecution and hunger, prostitution is a way out. If not mandatory, at least the most painless.

When you are no longer hungry and you can buy what you like, you realize that you don't give a damn about those who do not give you a job, those who do not accept you, those who mock you, because you invented work and you certainly recover a little dignity.

The book is a story about the struggle of a transgender woman to win the right to live her identity, through dramatic and lacerating experiences: prostitution, drugs, prison, but also passion, loves, friendships. A true story.

Rossella Bianchi was born with the name of Mario. As soon as she could, she moved to Genoa, where she still lives. She is president of the Princesa association, which fights for transgender rights.

"I was born on November 14, 1942 in a remote village in the hills of Lucca in a peasant family. Even as a child I felt the unspeakable desire to identify myself with a feminine identity. Until I thought I was the only sick mind on the face of the earth, I had thought about how to get around the obstacle: to become a priest."
Available via cinemagay.it
Photo via Facebook.

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book