A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Shauna Marie O'Toole - You Can't Shave in a Minimart Bathroom

Shauna Marie O'Toole - You Can't Shave in a Minimart Bathroom

Full title: "You Can't Shave in a Minimart Bathroom" by Shauna Marie O'Toole.

"As the laws across the country change, more and more people are coming out as transgender or transsexual. Finding a starting place to facilitate transitioning at work can be a challenge. I offer an outline of what we did to facilitate my transition. Use what works and come up with a different plan for what doesn't. If nothing else, it is a starting point for discussions."

In 2017, I talked to Shauna about the book: "Minimart is my transition diary. A few stories were added here and there. A few things were edited and wordsmithed. However, this is where I was able to talk freely during this incredible journey towards Authenticity. I knew there would be things I would want to remember and share. If I didn't write them down, they would have been lost. I started writing this book on November 1, 2003. This is the day after I accidentally came out to the world.

Have I ever regretted doing this so late in my life? I am asked this a lot. No, I don't. The reason is simple: my son. If I had done anything differently, I would not have this incredible young man for a son! I would walk through the flames of Hell itself if my love as a mother called for it. My son (21) is everything to me. I hope someday that my daughter (27) may return, but that is not how the smart money bets."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book