A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Tereza Spencerová - Jsem tranďák!

Tereza Spencerová - Jsem tranďák!

Original title: "Jsem tranďák!" (I'm Trans!)

Tereza Spencerová, one of the prominent figures of the Czech journalistic community, went through the process of gender transition. Her book 'I'm Trans!' is only the second book in the history of the Czech transgender community.

A book authentically deals with transgender issues through the eyes of the author's experience. But if you're waiting for an autobiographical story full of depression, unhappiness, and nostalgia for the injustice of nature, you will get none of this. Tereza grasped the theme with ease, bravura, and humour. 

'A transgender person is anyone who, with their behavior or sense of self, goes beyond socially accepted ideas about women and men, and does not want to consider themselves only the subject of sexological diagnoses, such as transsexuality or transvestism.

This community is highly exclusive, yet distinct, due to its minority population. Teresa Spencer's book describes the situation of "trans people" in recent decades, characterizes the current position of trans people in society, and is also the testimony of a person who underwent an operative gender change. The author convinces us how important it is to maintain a diverse view of people and society, and offers a reflection on current gender issues from a new perspective."


Available via translide.cz

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book