A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , , » Alberto Olmos - Jan Morris

Alberto Olmos - Jan Morris

Original title: "Jan Morris" by Alberto Olmos.

No one expected that James Morris, the only journalist who had reported on the coronation of Everest in 1953, to later work as a war reporter, travel around the world, have five children and consolidate himself at the top of his intrepid and then very masculine profession, would change gender in 1972 in a practically illegal clinic of Dr. Georges Burou in Casablanca, being of her great professional and personal milestones, of her non-militant transsexuality and of her charming old age secluded in a century-old house in the heart of Wales. The story of wanting to be another, another, and, if possible, another one.


According to Wikipedia, Catharine Jan Morris, born James Humphry Morris, (1926-2020), was a Welsh author, historian, and travel writer, known for the Pax Britannica trilogy (1968–1978), a history of the British Empire, and for portraits of cities, including Oxford, Venice, Trieste, Hong Kong, and New York City. She published under her birth name, James, until 1972, when she had gender reassignment surgery after transitioning from male to female.

Available via libreriaberkana.com
Photo via Transascity.

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book