A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Ayana Tsubaki - Tsubaki izen

Ayana Tsubaki - Tsubaki izen

Original title: "Tsubaki izen" - 椿姫以前 (Before Tsubaki) by Ayana Tsubaki (椿姫彩菜).

Born on July 15, 1984, in a male body, from an early age, she felt uncomfortable with her male gender. In 2002, she entered Aoyama Gakuin University and she felt that the gap between her mind and body was real, so she took a leave of absence in the summer of her second year. Around that time, she learned about the "Gender Identity Disorder Special Cases Law," which allows changing the gender description in the family register if you meet certain conditions, and she decided to undergo gender reassignment surgery.

While working in Shinjuku and Kabukicho, she saved money and counted the days until her surgery. In 2006, she underwent the surgery in Phuket, Thailand and changed her family register to female. Finally, she was a woman and she returned to Aoyama Gakuin University. In 2008, she wrote an essay titled "I am from an all-boys school." (Poplar Publishing). It received a great response and became a bestseller with over 100,000 copies. She appeared in many TV programs. She produces various brands and products such as sweets, legwear, and kimonos based on the concept of "producing women's happiness". She plays the piano and speaks French.

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book