A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Christer Strömholm - Les Amies de Place Blanche

Christer Strömholm - Les Amies de Place Blanche

Full title: "Les Amies de Place Blanche" by Christer Strömholm.

The book was published in 1983 and republished in 2012. Les Amies focuses on the transsexual community around the Place Blanche district of Paris in the late 1950s and early 1960s. The book established Christer Strömholm's reputation as one of the leading photographers of the twentieth century.

The 2012 edition of the book includes the original essays by Strömholm and publisher Johan Ehrenberg as well as newly commissioned texts by Jackie and Nana, two of the women who feature in many photographs in the book. The book concludes with a thirty-two-page notebook of unpublished letters, papers, and contact sheets."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book