A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Christina M. Hollis - Beyond Belief: The Discovery of My...

Christina M. Hollis - Beyond Belief: The Discovery of My...

Full title: "Beyond Belief: The Discovery of My Existence" by Christina M. Hollis.

The only review of this book is available on the website of Dallas Denny. I had the pleasure of interviewing her in 2014.

Let me quote the excerpt from her review: "Dr. Hollis’ book consists of journal entries, beginning with the onset of crossdressing late in her life and culminating in the immediate post-operative period. For many of the entries, she annotates the text with notes describing her feelings and the circumstances at the time she wrote. The entries span several years of rapidly escalating crossdressing and her quest for sex reassignment."

"Gender euphoria is a phenomenon in which an individual becomes increasingly infatuated with his or her new presentation and rushes headlong into decisions, which will have lifelong consequences. Eventually such persons may find that they have destroyed their lives in pursuit of a hoped-for happiness, which never quite materializes. Cummings and Hollis, writing from a perspective only months post-surgery, seem to be awakening to this possibility. For both, the desire for sex reassignment came late in life—Cummings’ gradually, after a long career of crossdressing, and Hollis’ suddenly, with no prior history of crossdressing. Once their decisions were made, they moved swiftly, and surgery were faits accomplis after only a couple of years."

Available via dallasdenny.com

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book