A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Diana J. Ensign - The Freedom to Be: Stories from Transgender...

Diana J. Ensign - The Freedom to Be: Stories from Transgender...

Full title: "The Freedom to Be: Stories from Transgender Youth, Adults, and Their Families" by Diana J. Ensign.

"Award-winning author, Diana J. Ensign, practices the art of listening to people who teach us how to love and care for one another on this human journey. Here, transgender, nonbinary, and gender nonconforming teens, adults, and family members voice an urgent call for freedom: The freedom to pursue dreams, to work in meaningful jobs, to be free of hatred and violence, to love one another, and to be who they are.

This book underscores the essential human need for safety, connection, acceptance, and for policies that ensure every family is valued. With these candid and insightful narratives, we learn practical ways that parents, teachers, healthcare providers, neighbors, friends, and allies can create supportive communities for transgender individuals.

Through compassionate understanding, this book guides us toward a more loving world. Together, we can stop the violence, end the hatred, advocate for LGBTQ equality, and stand for freedom."

"As a parent to a transgender child, I recommend The Freedom to Be to family members, friends, and community members who want ideas on how to best support transgender individuals.” — Steph B., Parent"

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book