A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , » Georgia Lee McGowen - Dear Mom and Dad

Georgia Lee McGowen - Dear Mom and Dad

Full title: "Dear Mom and Dad: You Don’t Know Me, But …"

"Much has been written both about and by people who feel they were assigned the wrong body at conception, exploring the struggles and too often the tragedies that result from that mismatch of nature. Very little has been written, however, to chronicle the lifelong struggle of people to understand and come to terms with two distinct sets of emotions, one male and one female – a single soul, at times divided, at times united, by two clearly identifiable spirits.

Dear Mom and Dad: You Don’t Know Me, But … traces the life of George through the eyes of Georgia, the female half of their soul, from early childhood in the post-war Texas oil fields through the innocence of his early school years in northeastern Oklahoma. With the onset of puberty, Georgia watches the omnipresent feeling of not being normal cast a destructive pall over nearly everything George attempts. After the collapse of his lifelong dream, George begins again with hopes, new dreams, and the love they’ve both longed for. Georgia finally emerges, but understanding her part in their soul comes slowly and is complicated by a tragedy of profound proportion."

In 2016, I interviewed Georgia about the book: "There is a passage in the Bible that talks about the way three servants utilized the “talents” they were given by their master. The one who was given the least buried his for safekeeping and failed to put his one “talent” to work, a fact that did not sit well with the master on his return. I did not want to have that conversation with my maker … at all.

I had prepared a manuscript which was a collection of previously published essays written for various LGBT publications but realized they would have little if any, value beyond our community if no one knew the back story, which of course led to “Dear Mom and Dad.” Thankfully, when I was discouraged beyond belief, that what I had to say was of any value, my dear friend the late Doug Benton provided the encouragement to finish what I started."

Available via Amazon

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book