A random collection of over 1910 books and audiobooks authored by or about my transgender, intersex sisters, and gender-nonconforming persons all over the world. I read some of them, and I was inspired by some of them. I met some of the authors and heroines, some of them are my best friends, and I had the pleasure and honor of interviewing some of them. If you know of any transgender biography that I have not covered yet, please let me know.

Search for a book

Home » , , , » Jane Hervé & Jeanne Lagier - Les transexuel(le)s

Jane Hervé & Jeanne Lagier - Les transexuel(le)s

Original title: "Les transexuel(le)s" (Transsexuals) by Jane Hervé and Jeanne Lagier.

Who are transsexuals? What differentiates them from transvestites? Where does their unshakeable conviction of belonging to the opposite sex come from? Tragic heroes in spite of themselves, they lead a Titan fight in terrible solitude that does not break their loved ones or society. Yet they want only one thing: to acquire the body of their mind.

Men became women, women became men, and they confided in Jane Hervé and Jeanne Lagier. Doctors, psychiatrists, and lawyers also provide their answers. This book transports us to a world where the myth, thanks to the advances in surgery in the second half of the twentieth century, has become reality. Beyond our doubts and appearances, what is the daily existence of these 1000 to 2000 people in France, who want to live according to their desire?

Available via booknode.com

Post a Comment


Click at the image to visit My Blog

Search for a book